Hey ya guys! Well, thanks to Kali for sending the invitation to post on the blog, I had forgotten all about it! It's nice to hear from you guys. So I guess I'll go ahead and post a little update on how our family's doing. I'm still up here in the wet Pacific Northwest, finishing up my second year of optometry school. This semester has been the busiest in my life. We've got some really tough classes, and on top of that, we have to practice for our 'preclinical checkouts' in April. We have to pass the preclinicals in order to get into clinic this summer, so no pressure there! So, I've been studying for midterms, practicing for procedures proficiencies, and doing full practice exams for the past few months. I of course try to squeeze in as much time with the fam as I can, but it can be hard sometimes. Good thing I have such an understanding and loving wife! Oh yeah, I'm also in the Navy! I got the Navy HPSP scholarship last September, which has been a huge blessing for us! (we probably would be broke right now without it) So they pay for my tuition, books, and equipment for three years of school, and I give them 3 years of active duty service as an optometrist for three years afterwards. I'm excited for this opportunity! After the three years w/ the navy, we still have NO idea where we should live. Maybe you guys could give us some suggestions?
Angela is doing very well. She's pregnant for the third time, and so far this one's looking a lot better than the last (for those of you that don't know, Angela had a miscarriage with our last pregnancy). She's 22 weeks now, and everything looks good so far. We did an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, and the baby did not cooperate at all! So we'll be surprised when it comes!
Hayley is now 3, and a little trouble maker! She's a joy to have around, and I love playing with her. We recently took a little trip to Disneyland with my parents, here's some pics of it.



That was a fun trip. Well, I'd better get back to enjoying my spring break (it's our only time off this semester). I won't be able to come to the reunion, since I've got summer school this year, but we'll be down there for Christmas, hopefully with a new baby. We should definitely do something over Christmas at Lisa's new place! Lisa, you guys should get a pool table, that way we can invite your dad over and Kenny can beat him at pool again for 100 bucks. Then we could all get some ice cream or something! :) I hope everyone is doing well, and that the economy isn't hitting anyone too bad. Love you guys, and hopefully will talk to you later!
Brad
PS-here's my contact info in case any of you are feeling ambitious enough to drop me a line!
e-mail: bywa8670@pacificu.edu
phone: 503-747-4343
our family's blog: bradnang.blogspot.com
2 comments:
Sounds like life for you guys is really moving along fast. I can not believe you have been in school that long already. Where does the time go? I think I am planning to go to the reunion if all plans fall into place. I will miss seeing you guys since you won't be able to make it but if you are going to be here are Christmas maybe we should all start planning to get together again this Christmas 2008 season sometime! I do like your idea of the pool table game(he he he)...ahhh the memories of the good old days in high school! I was just talking with my mom a few weeks ago and I really feel like we had an awesome group of friends. I don't know about you and any of our other friends that might be reading this comment I am posting but we had an awesome Senior year. It was a total non stop BLAST! I feel real blessed to have had such great friends who uplifted each other and made good choices! Thank you for that and thank you all whoever else is reading this! You are all GREAT!!! Good luck with school and good luck with your upcoming baby. I wish you the best!
Love
Lisa
oohh, it's so fun to hear how everyone's doing! Thanks for posting and let's definitely get together! =)
Post a Comment